The traditions and interior life of Eastern Orthodox spirituality is portrayed in The Way of a Pilgrim and its sequel, The Pilgrim Continues His Way, both printed here. Written by an anonymous Russian Christian, the original manuscript came into the hands of a monk on Mount Athos in the nineteenth century and was first published in 1884. These chronicles follow the author as he travels through mid-nineteenth-century Russia and Siberia, visiting the monasteries and shrines of the saints in order to "pray without ceasing." His journey leads him to a Russian spiritual master who teaches him the spiritual discipline known as the Jesus Prayer -- the uninterrupted mantra-like invocation of the name of Jesus. This extraordinary account will introduce you to the soul of Eastern Christianity and rouse your own spiritual yearning to partake in divine communion through unceasing prayer.
Translated by Helen Bacovic
Paperback, 193 pages
Every purchase helps supply and distribute Vitamin A to Indian children in desperate need. Learn more!
Our Return Policy
We know that you will love what you ordered but if something doesn't work out, we will gladly accept unworn, unwashed or defective merchandise for return or exchange within 60 days from the original shipping date.
- Unless the item is defective, you will be responsible for shipping costs to send the item back to us.
- Items purchased outside of the United States are not eligible for returns due to customs issues.
- Your refund will be credited back to the original method of payment used to make the original purchase.
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- We usually process returns quickly, but just in case, please allow up to 14 business days from when we receive the items for your account to be refunded. We will send you an email once we have completed the refund process.
How to make an easy exchange or return
Please visit our Exchanges & Returns Portal
Unless the item is defective or damaged, you will be responsible for the shipping costs to send the item back to us.