Auroshikha has preserved the ancient art of incense making in which no toxic substances are used. The incense is made of a paste consisting of the powders of dried flower petals, sweet smelling herbs and woods, spices, resins, some charcoal which is an excellent burning material and perfumes based on Natural Essential Oils. All these ingredients are mixed with water to form a paste. The paste is then rolled by hand around bamboo sticks and left to dry. After drying the rolled sticks are selected, trimmed and perfumed.
Auroshikha is a part of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram and offers 100% of its profits to Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry, India, was founded in 1926 by Sri Aurobindo and his spiritual collaborator The Mother. Sri Aurobindo developed a method of spiritual practice called Integral Yoga which helps the practitioner to evolve human life into a life divine.
"Sri Aurobindo has come to tell us: it is not necessary to leave the earth to find the Truth, it is not necessary to leave life to find one's soul, it is not necessary to give up the world or to have limited beliefs in order to enter into relation with the Divine. The Divine is everywhere, in everything, and if He is hidden...it is because we do not take the trouble to discover him." - The Mother
Every purchase helps supply and distribute Vitamin A to Indian children in desperate need. Learn more!
Our Return Policy
We know that you will love what you ordered but if something doesn't work out, we will gladly accept unworn, unwashed or defective merchandise for return or exchange within 60 days from the original shipping date.
- Unless the item is defective, you will be responsible for shipping costs to send the item back to us.
- Items purchased outside of the United States are not eligible for returns due to customs issues.
- Your refund will be credited back to the original method of payment used to make the original purchase.
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- We usually process returns quickly, but just in case, please allow up to 14 business days from when we receive the items for your account to be refunded. We will send you an email once we have completed the refund process.
How to make an easy exchange or return
Please visit our Exchanges & Returns Portal
Unless the item is defective or damaged, you will be responsible for the shipping costs to send the item back to us.