Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, a Pathan (or Pushtun) from the borderland between Afghanistan and modern-day Pakistan, was a devout Muslim and a devoted follower of Mahatma Gandhi. He raised the first nonviolent army in history to free his people from British imperial rule, persuading 100,000 of his countrymen to lay down the guns they had made themselves and to fight nonviolently. This book tells the life story of this heroic and little-known Muslim leader, who remained true to Gandhi's principles of love in action throughout many years of imprisonment and until his death in 1988.
Nonviolent Soldier of Islam tells Khan's life-story through narrative, 58 photos, and Khan's own words.
Paperback, 276 pages
Every purchase helps supply and distribute Vitamin A to Indian children in desperate need. Learn more!
Our Return Policy
We know that you will love what you ordered but if something doesn't work out, we will gladly accept unworn, unwashed or defective merchandise for return or exchange within 60 days from the original shipping date.
- Unless the item is defective, you will be responsible for shipping costs to send the item back to us.
- Items purchased outside of the United States are not eligible for returns due to customs issues.
- Your refund will be credited back to the original method of payment used to make the original purchase.
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- We usually process returns quickly, but just in case, please allow up to 14 business days from when we receive the items for your account to be refunded. We will send you an email once we have completed the refund process.
How to make an easy exchange or return
Please visit our Exchanges & Returns Portal
Unless the item is defective or damaged, you will be responsible for the shipping costs to send the item back to us.