The dawning of a new day is truly a powerful time so make the most of it with morning affirmations. Using this time where the outside world hasn’t yet completely shaped your mood gives you the space to make it a positive start. Using words of kindness and encouragement can shift your mindset and help make you more productive. Here, we delve into all you need to know about morning affirmations, offer tips for kickstarting your beautiful day in the right way, and serve up some magic self-affirmations to get you in the mood.
What Are Morning Affirmations?
Affirmations are a simple way of helping to harness positive thinking. There’s so much power in language and the words we use about and for ourselves can truly have a lasting impact. Unfortunately, many of us slip all too easily into modes of self-criticism or can foster a negative inner dialogue. Affirmations can help to unravel that by putting you in the practice of using statements, words, and phrases designed to lift you up. The more we say something, the truer it becomes and this is what affirmations are all about.
There are many ways to use affirmations but getting into the routine of using them in the morning can have extra power. As mentioned, mornings can be a time when we are softer from sleep, and more open to the universe. It can also be a time when it’s important to choose routines that help us to step into a positive headspace. There are many ways of practising your morning affirmations. You can speak them out loud (in front of the mirror for extra power). You can also write them down or journal them. You can also use them as mantras in your meditation practice. One of the most important aspects of making them work is to ensure that you repeat the process day after day as the key to successful routines is found in repetition.
Do Affirmations Work?
If you are wondering if affirmations work - the answer is a heartfelt yes. Neuroplasticity refers to how our brains are shaped and shift to deal with ever-changing circumstances. Think about it, you can trigger feelings of pleasure or fear all through playing out images in your head and this has a direct impact on your nervous system. By using affirmations regularly, you can activate the part of your brain that believes that statement and it becomes a fact. Remember words affect emotions which affect behavior and the choices we make. Never underestimate the power of words - especially the power of your own words.
What to Use Affirmations For
There are so many amazing reasons to call on the life-changing magic of affirmations. They can be used for times when you need a mood pick-me-up when you want to focus your energy when you want to hype yourself up or calm yourself down when you want to ground yourself, and reconnect with your body, mind, and soul. They can be used as a manifestation practice and they can be used to send your self-confidence soaring. There are no limits to how and when you can use affirmations to light up your life.
How to Begin a Daily Affirmation Routine
Kickstarting a daily affirmation routine is a great way to practice positive thinking and redirect your thought patterns so you can nurture the person you want to be. We know that mornings can be overwhelming so finding a simple and natural way to welcome affirmations is important. Micro habits and micro-changes can be the best way to make a change without slipping into overwhelm. For example, you could say your affirmations over your morning cup of coffee or work them into your morning yoga or meditation routine. You can also play around with techniques and phrases until you find something that suits you. Some people connect more with the written word, others will find value in using their voice to speak truths. However, you find a way of slipping them into your day, the most important thing is to simply get started and to keep up the practice.
Affirmations for the Morning
Daily affirmations are a simple practice of choosing words of affirmation to say every single day to put your mind on the right track. Starting your day with a positive spin can redirect your energy and grant you all that you need to tackle the day from an empowered standpoint.
- I am the architect of my own life
- Every experience brings a valuable lesson
- Today I choose to follow my bliss
- I am already on the path to where I need to be
- I welcome the peace and prosperity of today
- Whatever this day brings, I will make it worth my while
- All is well
- I leave tomorrow and yesterday where they are and focus on today
- I can only control my own reactions
- I am consistently doing the work that is needed for me to thrive
Holding your head high and getting a divine dose of confidence in the morning is a great way to start your day. When you need a burst of energy, a step of encouragement, or words that help you to hold yourself taller, these confidence affirmations are an espresso shot for your self-esteem.
- I’m so cool, I’m so cool
- I can overcome anything
- I don’t need to hide my authentic self
- I am so worthy
- I am not afraid of taking risks because I know I can care for myself
- I trust in my ability to make the right choice
- People are lucky to be in my presence, I have so much good to give
- Confidence flows throughout me
- I hold my head high because I am proud of who I am
- I am the creator of my own reality
Health is wealth and for those days when you want to give your body extra strength, you can use health affirmations to boost your mental, physical, and emotional state. Using health affirmations can help you form a closer, loving, and nurturing connection with your body. Here are some health affirmations to keep yourself surrounded in the radiant wonder of complete wellbeing.
- I listen to my body
- My body is strong
- My health is my wealth
- Today I choose to nourish my body
- Pain and illness do not define me
- I release the need to compare myself to others
- I make choices for my health from a place of love
- My body is not the enemy
- I love every inch of this skin I’m in
- My body is worthy of pleasure and play
Gratitude is one of the most important things we can learn to embrace. It’s so easy to be distracted in this world and to become swayed by the things we don’t have. Gratitude is a gentle way of reminding us of the abundance that already exists in our lives and can help create a mindset shift that opens us up and places us in the present. Here are some gorgeous gratitude affirmations.
- I am grateful for being present in this moment
- I have so much good in my life
- I am grateful for my own love, strength, and kindness to myself
- Each breath is a gift
- My heart is so full
- I am even grateful for the wisdom of hard lessons
- Today I will share love
- I am grateful for every connection
- I am so thankful for all the love I am yet to receive
- I open my eyes to gratitude and my arms to abundance
If you are feeling stuck in a negative headspace or just like you want to look on the brighter side of life, saying the spell of positive words can instantly infuse you with a lightness and a new way of looking at the world around you. Stash these positivity affirmations under your belt the next time you want a natural high.
- Self-doubt will only hold me back, I can seize what it is I desire
- Good things are coming my way
- I feel good, I am nourishing my body and my mind
- I am beautiful inside and out and I carry this beauty into the world
- I am open to the guidance and messages from the universe
- The best is yet to come
- I make a difference to the world by being a part of it
- I have choices
- Good energy surrounds me
- Every challenge is an opportunity to grow
Inner Strength Affirmations
We all have a deep well of strength inside of us but sometimes it can feel difficult to access. Reminding yourself of your own power and innate wisdom can encourage your inner strength to bloom. These inner strength affirmations spoken every day can help flex that muscle and makes anything seem possible.
- I will judge myself fairly and with love, I don’t need it from others
- I am proud of myself today
- I am ready to let go of all that is no longer serving me
- I know myself and can make choices that support my best intentions
- I have all the answers I need
- I am constantly evolving
- I stay calm and centered even in the midst of chaos
- I choose myself every single day
- Today I will be unafraid to speak up when I need to
- Knowledge doesn’t always need immediate action, I will act when it’s right
Energy Boosting Affirmations
When your energy is in a slump or you are feeling sluggish and unfocused, energy-boosting affirmations can give you a shot of power and put you back on your feet. It’s natural for energy to ebb and flow but keeping yourself surrounded by the light of your own energy rather than drained is essential for health and wellbeing. Here are some energy-boosting affirmations to keep you riding high.
- I feel vitality running through my veins
- I am my own sunshine
- I am strong and self-sufficient, I can get it done
- I have rested and I am ready
- My eyes are clear and my voice is strong
- I carry the spirit of youth
- Every vibration brings me to a better place
- I am my own source of energy
- I am awake, aware, and alive
- I am tuned in to all the things that bring me energy, that is where I will find my joy
Manifest abundance and get all that you desire with these success affirmations. Words and beliefs have power and by tapping into this power, you can move energy, move mountains, and step into success. Keep these success affirmations close by for when you want to shine.
- There is no reason for me not to succeed
- I am more than capable of achieving all that I want
- I am a magnet for success
- Even hardship can stop me from reaching my dreams
- I am courageous enough to step forward
- With time and space will come solutions
- I believe wholeheartedly in myself
- Doors I don’t even see yet are opening for me
- I have limitless potential
- I surround myself with people who want my success
In the modern world, it’s easy for the monkey mind to wander and this can knock us off track and muddy our time. With these productivity affirmations, you can recenter yourself and sharpen your tools to get whatever needs to be done completely sorted. Check out these productivity affirmations for getting the job done.
- My mind is clear
- I have all I need to get the job done
- Today I will show my potential to the world
- I will reap what I sow
- I honor my own energy in work and play
- I am naturally a productive person
- Today i feel motivated
- I am smart and I get things done
- I make solid choices about my time management
- I choose projects that bring me passion
Self-love is a necessary tool and one of the most important gifts you can give to yourself. When we hold self-love in our hearts we can make decisions that serve us well, we can sketch strong boundaries, and we can understand and value our worth. Self-love is a practice and by committing to that practice every day, you can sense all kinds of shifts in the way you see yourself. Here are some self-love affirmations to surround you in light.
- I am my own best friend
- I celebrate myself because I am worthy
- I forgive myself, I was doing what I could with what I had
- I stay attuned to my own needs and desires
- Imperfections are what make us unique, I welcome mine with love
- I give myself permission to put myself first
- I am healing every single day
- I make other people happy
- I am already doing better than I think I am
- I choose to be present over being perfect
These affirmations are an awesome way to put yourself on the track to a great day. Brimming with positive energy, you can work some of these positive thoughts into your wake up schedule and see just how it helps your mental health. Self-care is an essential part of any good day and with these powerful and positive morning affirmations, you can clear out negative thoughts, stay connected to the present moment, and sculpt your subconscious mind into saying yes to good vibes only.