Tibetan Skull Bead Necklace is madeThis high-quality, 9mm from yak bone, delicately and ornately hand-carved in detail. Yak are highly revered in Tibet, very important animals in this culture. The Tibetans honor their passing by creating beautiful necklace and malas and using them in their meditative practice so that the animals can continue to be of service as they pass from this consciousness to another. All the yak bones used in our jewelry are the leftover from the domestic population that died from natural causes.
- Fair Trade Handcrafted
- 9mm Yak Bone Beads
- 108 Beads
- Made in India with Love
Made at the Drepung Loseling Monastery by Tibetan Monks and refugees. The Drepung Loseling Monastery was Tibet's largest monastic institution, with a population over the centuries that ranged from 7,000 to 12,000 monks. Only 250 of these monastics managed to escape the Chinese Communist invasion of 1959; the remainder were killed or imprisoned. With the Dalai Lama's blessings, the monastery re-established itself in southern India in 1971. Since then, many young refugees have fled Tibet to join Loseling in the hope of receiving a traditional Tibetan education. The population of Drepung Loseling now stands at almost 3,000. The elders of the community support the young students through the proceeds from a small farm and several small cottage industries, including an incense manufacturing project, a carpet factory, and studios for creating traditional Tibetan arts and crafts. We support the efforts of Drepung Loseling to preserve the Tibetan culture among their young people.
Every purchase helps supply and distribute Vitamin A to Indian children in desperate need. Learn more!
Our Return Policy
We know that you will love what you ordered but if something doesn't work out, we will gladly accept unworn, unwashed or defective merchandise for return or exchange within 60 days from the original shipping date.
- Unless the item is defective, you will be responsible for shipping costs to send the item back to us.
- Items purchased outside of the United States are not eligible for returns due to customs issues.
- Your refund will be credited back to the original method of payment used to make the original purchase.
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- We usually process returns quickly, but just in case, please allow up to 14 business days from when we receive the items for your account to be refunded. We will send you an email once we have completed the refund process.
How to make an easy exchange or return
Please visit our Exchanges & Returns Portal
Unless the item is defective or damaged, you will be responsible for the shipping costs to send the item back to us.